Friday, September 24, 2010

Jake is an Auckland Soccer Rep!

I am in the Auckland rep team called 'The Strikers' in soccer. There is a big tournament up in Auckland from Tuesday 27th September till Friday 1st Octber 2010. We are versing regional teams and we will be sleeping in dorms for 4 nights, where we are playing. We will be versing Wellington and other regions.
I play centre forward, because I'm a good shooter. I was training with a team lower than me, called 'The Stars'. I didn't know that I was in 'The Strikers' till yesterday. I was proud of myself to make it into a higher team and to go to the tournament.
We had a friendly against The Bay of Plenty in Pukekohe last Sunday and we beat them 2-1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!! All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online. Please write your comment and then choose 'Name/URL' from the drop down menu where it says "comment as" when leaving your comment below, then write your FIRST name. It is against our blogging guidelines to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this also please. Parents, please use your first name to comment, or identify yourself as "John's Mum" etc. We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor. THANKS, FROM ROOM 4 & Rachel :)