Wednesday, October 13, 2010

3rd Place Getters!



In the holidays, we came 3rd in the Weir Rosebowl Tournament. Auckland teams came 1st, 2nd and 3rd! We versed Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Northland, Waitakere, Waikato/BOP, and the top Auckland team.
I scored a goal playing against Northland - I was proud of myself, because we needed to win, and the other goal was a fluke. We lost 1-0 to the top Auckland team, who took out the cup.
We stayed at St Kentigens Boarding School - it was cool because we all got to be together after the games, and I'm a better soccer player now.
I'm the only boy from Waiuku to make it ever into the Auckland Football Federation. This was my goal for last year, and also to get Player of the Year cup from for my whole club, which I achieved.
At the moment, I'm going to athletics, touch and tennis. My goal is to get fitter and make it again into the Auckland soccer team next year.

1 comment:

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!! All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online. Please write your comment and then choose 'Name/URL' from the drop down menu where it says "comment as" when leaving your comment below, then write your FIRST name. It is against our blogging guidelines to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this also please. Parents, please use your first name to comment, or identify yourself as "John's Mum" etc. We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor. THANKS, FROM ROOM 4 & Rachel :)