Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Taine's Archery Success!


A year ago Taine's archery club had a club day and during the day he had two shoots and after they ate their lunch they had a shoot-off. Taine says:
One of the people I was up against, Owen, is 54-ish years old and is one of the top shooters in our club. In the shoot-off, we had to get closest to the x-ring, which is the heart and I got closest to the x-ring, and that's how I won my trophy that I'm holding in my right hand.
On Sunday 28th November 2010 we had an archery tournament in Tokorua. That day, we had lots of fun shooting over rivers and down steep hills. At the end of that day, the adults had a shoot-off and after that everyone had a fun shoot at a flying pig. We then had prizegiving and that's when I got my trophy that is in my left hand, and won lots of prizes.
I like to do archery and I recommend it to other people to start, because it's great fun and you can win lots of prizes, too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Taine, I really enjoyed reading your recount. It was full of lots of information and I think I might have to find out where out local club is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taine, good work!

    We hope you enjoy all your prizes and trophys!

    Hopefully you will win more!

    From Room 4 & Rachel

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!! All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online. Please write your comment and then choose 'Name/URL' from the drop down menu where it says "comment as" when leaving your comment below, then write your FIRST name. It is against our blogging guidelines to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this also please. Parents, please use your first name to comment, or identify yourself as "John's Mum" etc. We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor. THANKS, FROM ROOM 4 & Rachel :)